Microneedling has long been a popular cosmetic treatment for gentle facial rejuvenation. But if you’re looking to power up your results, there’s a potent assistant you can add to your treatment. Dr. Alkadri offers PRP microneedling using your own platelet rich plasma. Adding PRP to your treatment helps you unlock more pronounced results, all by introducing your own plasma to the treatment area.
If you haven’t tried PRP before, read on to learn all that it has to offer – and how it could transform your next microneedling session.
Why Our Patients Love PRP Microneedling
It works wonders on acne scars
Adding PRP to microneedling may help stimulate cell turnover to hasten the healing process. This is especially helpful when treating scar tissue. Acne scars can leave traces across the face and can be difficult to remove. The microneedling component of treatment helps break up the old scar tissue and stimulate fresh healing, and the PRP introduces concentrated growth factors to the area to help clear the skin.
The platelet rich plasma used during your treatment is harvested from a sample of your own blood. Dr. Alkadri will draw a small amount of blood and spin it in a centrifuge to separate the different components of the blood. The platelet rich plasma is isolated and can be removed from the sample, and reintroduced to your skin with the microneedling device. This reduces the risk of an allergic reaction that could potentially be experienced with a different, foreign substance. There’s also a reduced risk of bacteria being introduced that could cause an infection.
It improves surgical scars
Older scar tissue can be difficult to address because the skin has already healed. PRP microneedling kickstarts fresh healing in the area. It accomplishes this by creating micro-channels in the skin and also introducing PRP to help support cell renewal. If you have scars from surgery or an accident, PRP microneedling could make a difference.
It’s super effective on large pores
Large pores can be incredibly frustrating because they make a big difference to your skin’s overall tone and texture. PRP microneedling can help reduce pore size to smooth your complexion. The small channels created during treatment lead skin to tighten and achieve fresh growth. This helps shrink pores and even out your facial skin.
There’s less downtime than microneedling alone
A 2019 review of a range of PRP microneedling studies found that adding platelet rich plasma decreased downtime following the procedure and also improved patient satisfaction. Why is this the case? It’s likely that the PRP encourages rapid healing and helps soothe the treatment area – and also intensifies treatment results.
How does PRP microneedling work, exactly?
With microneedling, your provider uses a specialized handpiece to create controlled, tiny wounds in the skin. Treatment differs from patient to patient, but will likely involve the following steps:
- Dr. Alkadri draws a small amount of blood from a vein in your arm. This is spun in a centrifuge to separate the different components and isolate the platelet rich plasma. The amount drawn is typically just one tube.
- Your face is numbed with a topical cream to keep you comfortable during the procedure.
- The treatment area is carefully cleaned to prevent any bacteria from entering the skin during microneedling.
- Your provider uses a microneedling device equipped with multiple tiny needles to create small channels in the skin across the treatment area.
- The platelet rich plasma is reintroduced to the skin with the microneedling device.
- You should not take any anti-inflammatory medications after the procedure as these can interfere with the healing process.
- You may see some redness and skin sensitivity immediately after the procedure, but this will typically fade within 24 hours. There is usually no downtime required following treatment.
- If you have particularly sensitive skin, some mild bruising may occur but will resolve within several days.
- Avoid picking your skin or removing any peeling flakes to avoid potential issues with pigmentation or scarring.
- You’ll notice your skin beginning to feel tighter and smoother within the days following the procedure. As the skin produces fresh collagen in the coming weeks and months, you’ll see more pronounced results develop.
- If you’re interested in furthering your results, you can schedule additional PRP microneedling sessions.
Ready to take the first step? Schedule a complimentary consultation to see whether you’re a candidate.
[…] microneedling can be combined with PRP to deliver powerful growth factors directly to your skin. This helps intensify the microneedling results. We also offer radiofrequency microneedling to […]
Comments are closed.