Men and women alike feel self-conscious when a double chin takes hold. This additional fat changes your profile and saps self confidence – and the worst part is the way it can resist dieting and exercise. You may not see the bulge budging even with weight loss in other areas of your body. If any of this sounds familiar, Kybella® could help.
Kybella is an injection that breaks down unwanted fat beneath the chin. A noninvasive, effective way to treat submental fullness, Kybella allows patients to see long-term results with just a few treatment sessions.
How does Kybella reduce a double chin?
Kybella contains deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule that breaks down and absorbs dietary fat. When injected into the area under the chin, Kybella destroys the fat cells responsible for submental fullness. These fat cells are then naturally absorbed by the body. After the fat cells have been destroyed, they cannot store fat, so treatment is typically not necessary again.
What causes a double chin?
There is a wide variety of reasons for submental fullness, or excess fat beneath the chin.
- Uneven weight distribution – The chin contains a layer of fat that can grow with weight gain, and also lose structure and sag.
- Aging – Over the years, our collagen breaks down and offers less support to the skin. Sagging skin under the chin causes wrinkles to appear and highlights excess fat in the area.
- Genetics – Some of us are predisposed to submental fullness as double chins do tend to run in families.
Double chins are extraordinarily common – the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery reports that 67% of people are bothered by the area below their chin, and as bothered by a double chin as they are by wrinkles. But many go without treating their submental fullness, likely because they are not interested in invasive treatment options or surgery.
Kybella transforms the treatment process to offer a simpler path. Most patients require only 2-4 treatment sessions to see long-term results.
Am I a candidate for Kybella?
- Are you unhappy with fat underneath the chin?
- Do you feel that your chin makes you look older or heavier than you are?
- Are you hoping to avoid cosmetic surgery?
- Are you eating well and exercising, but not seeing it make a difference to your chin?
If you answered yes to one or more of those questions, Kybella could be an ideal fit. Schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Alkadri to learn more about treatment and what he recommends for your needs.