Sun spots may be small, but they may a big difference to your overall skin tone. Some spots might catch your eye every time you look in the mirror or down at your hand, making you feel self conscious. A group of spots may pop up in one area of frequently exposed skin, making you look older than you really are. More importantly, sun spots can lead to skin cancer.
Discover a fast, comfortable way to remove age spots – without damaging surrounding skin or causing scarring. SkinCeuticals has developed a new technology which is now available with Dr. Alkadri at Hinsdale Vein and Laser. CryoCorrect Treatment utilizes a precision pen to gently freeze age spots, sun spots and skin tags. This leads to the spot scabbing over and flaking away in the following 2-3 weeks.
Simple Sun Spot Removal
CryoCorrect is revolutionary because it uses a concentrated flow of carbon dioxide to freeze the skin. Traditional cryogens like liquid nitrogen freeze the skin at a lower temperature, which can lead to adjacent skin damage. CryoCorrect provides a more superficial freeze to remove unwanted spots without affecting healthy skin. This form of cryotherapy is ideal for sun spots.
- Skin check performed by Dr. Alkadri. He will ensure that the spot is safe to treat and is not skin cancer or a mole. He’ll identify spots that are good candidates for treatment.
- Marking spots that will be treated.
- Treatment involves freezing each spot for only 5-8 seconds at a time. The process is gentle and discomfort is very minimal. Patients experience a sensation like an ice cube resting on the skin. For most patients, only 1 treatment is necessary to yield ideal results.
- The healing process takes between 1-2 weeks. During this period, the treated spot will scab over.
- Full results appear anywhere from week 2-12 following treatment, depending on the patient’s skin. Patients should be sure to use appropriate sun protection during the process (and going forward to prevent the formation of additional spots).
CryoCorrect Brown Spot Treatment Results
Am I a candidate for sunspot cryotherapy?
CryoCorrect is ideal for patients with benign sun spots anywhere on the body, who are interested in an affordable option for removal. Many patients aren’t ready for a more involved treatment like IPL or laser skin resurfacing, but have several dark spots that they would like to remove. CryoCorrect offers an affordable, straightforward and comfortable way to do so. And because the applicator is so small, it’s ideal for spots anywhere on the body.
If you’re interested in learning more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Alkadri to have your own skin check performed and learn more about treatment.