Typically associated with a slimmer stomach, Liposuction is one of the most effective fat reduction treatments out there. However, along with all cosmetic procedures, having realistic post-operative goals prior to treatment is essential.
Learn the limits of Liposuction and set realistic expectations before having undesirable body fat removed. Is Liposuction the right fat-removal treatment for you?
Liposuction Won’t Tighten Loose, Sagging, or Hanging Skin
The degree of skin laxity or looseness that you have prior to Liposuction will remain the same post-treatment. In fact, due to the effect of deflation by removing fat, sometimes sagging skin can appear worse after Liposuction. Pregnancy, weight fluctuations, and genetics all play a vital roll in poor skin elasticity, and while Liposuction will not correct this characteristic, other treatments are available to help tighten the skin.
Stretch Marks Won’t Disappear
Stretch marks are essentially scars on the skin. Because stretch marks occur in the dermis or the topmost layer of skin, they may fade but will never entirely disappear. If your top concern is to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, a different treatment option may better suit your needs.
Cellulite Won’t Be Completely Eliminated
Fibers pulling down on the skin and fat pushing against the skin is the leading cause of cellulite. While Liposuction can help to reduce the amount of fat pushing out against the surface, it will not eliminate cellulite. Moreover, Liposuction could make cellulite worse in patients with loose skin.
You Won’t Experience Dramatic Weight Loss
Patients considering Liposuction should already be of a reasonable weight for their height before undergoing Liposuction. Liposuction will not dramatically reduce your weight, nor is it designed to do so.
Poor Eating Habits Can Wreck Your Results
Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in an area, but it does not prevent the remaining fat cells from expanding. Remaining fat cells can increase in size with weight gain or shrink with weight loss. Incorporating a diet that emphasizes healthy eating habits such as focusing on fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and minimal sugar will help to maintain your results.
Your Abdomen Can’t Be Flattened
An abdomen that is protruding or round due to the fat that is under the muscle and around the internal organs cannot be reduced with Liposuction. This type of fat is called intraabdominal fat or visceral fat. This type of fat pushes out on the muscles that form the abdominal wall and is unable to be effectively removed or reduced with Liposuction. Visceral fat can only be remedied by proper nutrition and exercise.
What Liposuction CAN Do For You
- Contouring Your Body – Liposuction removes fat cells from your body. The procedure can fundamentally change your body’s composition, making you new shape resistant to weight gain.
- Remove Lipomas – Certain fatty tumors known as lipomas are typically harmless, but they can be bothersome. Liposuction is able to remove lipomas successfully.
- Gynecomastia Relief – A condition in which men develop fatty breast tissue is identified as gynecomastia. Liposuction is one of the fastest and most effective ways to treat this embarrassing condition.
- Reduce Excessive Sweating – Liposuction can reduce excessive sweating and chafing in the armpits and thighs. It does so by targeting sweat glands and reducing the body’s ability to produce sweat in these areas.
- Treats Lipodystrophy Syndrome – Excessive fat in certain areas of the body, and not others can disturb your metabolism, causing peripheral insulin resistance or hypertriglyceridemia.
Establish Realistic Expectations From The Start
Liposuction is a treatment that has more benefits than you may initially think. If you’re considering Liposuction, trust only the best when it comes to removing your undesirable fat. Contact Hinsdale Vein & Laser today to schedule a consultation appointment or for more information on the many benefits of Liposuction.