Plaxel is a plasma pen system created to minimize PIH and maximize the lifting effects on the skin. This small but powerful device can be used to lift the eyes, fill in wrinkles, reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks, and heal skin imperfections.
With Plaxel Plasma Pen treatments, you can dramatically tighten sagging skin with unparalleled results.
Positive Effects of Plasma on the Skin
The skin consists of three layers, the epidermis, the dermis, and the subcutis. The epidermis layer contains pigment-producing cells called melanocytes, which are responsible for giving the skin its coloration. The dermis layer is made up of collagen and elastin fibers that provide skin with strength and elasticity.
As the body ages, the appearance of the skin is altered. The epidermis becomes thinner, resulting in blemishes and imperfections becoming more visible. Lost collagen in the dermis contributes to the formation of facial lines, sagging skin, and wrinkles.
Plasma skin regeneration uses energy delivered from plasma rather than light or radiofrequency to deliver millisecond pulses of nitrogen-based plasma to the skin. With the Plaxel Plasma Pen, the plasma-containing energy is directed through the device and onto the skin. The treatment’s positive effects include removing old photo-damaged epidermal cells and the promotion of new collagen growth below the skin’s surface.
What To Expect During Plaxel Plasma Pen Treatments
- Your provider will talk through each step as they perform it to keep you aware of precisely what they are doing.
- Skin is cleansed and disinfected.
- Your provider will draw a boundary around the treatment area and lift loose skin to ensure the entire treatment area is included.
- A topical anesthetic is applied and allowed to soak into the skin, then wiped away once the skin is sufficiently numb.
- One area will be treated at a time so that the other areas can remain numb.
- During treatment, you will likely feel a snapping sensation like a rubber band against your skin. Let your provider know if you are experiencing pain, and they will numb your skin further.
- Your skin will not bleed but will produce white spots with tiny black dots in the center. Each spot will be touched quickly, and then your provider will keep moving across the skin. The needle will never touch your skin, yet the plasma will jump from the pen into the skin.
- There will be an ozone smell from the plasma.
- A healing gel is applied post-treatment to soothe and protect the skin.
Treatment Areas Plasma Can Be Used
- Upper and lower eyelids
- Single or double eyelids
- Fine lines
- Crows feet
- Expression lines
- Brow lift
- Lip flip
- Smoker’s lip
- Partial facelift
- Full facelift
- Neck lift
- Jowl lift
- Skin tag removal
- Acne scarring
- Stretch marks
Plaxel Vs. Other Plasma Pens
The most significant differences with Plaxel Plasma Pen treatments Vs. other plasma pens are that Plaxel is true plasma. The Plaxel Pen ionizes atmospheric gases to create plasma discharge, while most other pens use an electric current to put out an electric arc. Plasma heals faster and requires fewer treatments to achieve results, while electric arc pens can cause scarring. Plaxel Plasma Pen treatments’ direct current sends the plasma energy into the targeted skin cells and does not affect the surrounding tissue. Other pens can easily damage surrounding tissue and cause pitted scars or other permanent damage to the skin.
Visible Results For Years To Come
Some patients experience instant tightening from the immediate effects of the plasma after treatments. Final results are expected between 8-12 weeks following treatment. A delay in visible results is that it takes time for the body to produce collagen and start lifting and tightening its own natural healing process.
Results typically last several years, with three years being the average. As the skin continues to age, collagen and elastin will continue to break down over time. Depending on your skin and the way it ages, you may benefit from another treatment at this point to maintain your results. To experience results from authentic Plaxel Plasma Pen treatments, contact Hinsdale Vein & Laser today.